Tuesday, May 28, 2002

I'm wearing a ponytail again, not that it's exciting to you, the reader, but it's just ducky to me !

It's also another beautiful day wasting away while I'm stuck inside the ROM breathing the recycled, stale air. Almost ridiculous is the fact that the museum is running its airconditioning at a level that would combat mid-July heat, rather than seasonal end-of-May temperatures.

I enjoyed eating my lunch in Philosophers' Walk again, a bagel with ham and cheese, and then buying a soft-serve ice cream and walking all around the outside of the museum. Lunch was over much too quickly.

It's been another pleasant, mellow day in Membership, though, which makes me wonder how long this trend will last. I got to do some of Julie's stuff for her, since we'd run out of the usual. That was pretty interesting, though it was still data entry. I got to record donors into the system, the ones who gave gifts of things, rather than money. Each page listed a description of the artifact or doodad and the various appraisals it received, plus what the ROM receipted for it. Very interesting. What amazed me was the number of things that were utter crap and for whatever reason, the museum took them. It reminded me of my accessioning/deaccessioning paper that I wrote in Prof. Johnson's fourth-year seminar. Really interesting, tricky dealings.

My boss just came and spoke to me concerning my June schedule. Though I need the money, it seems that working 3 days a week is a lofty notion. Since, this week, everything was caught up. We're going to leave it open so if there is suddenly a membership boom, we can tack the days back on. What I don't understand is how come Wilson and Bonnie (and Wilson's never worked upstairs before) get five days a week, and I can't have three. I think I will email this querry since it's a bit of a fairness issue.