Friday, May 24, 2002

Today was a good day ! After initial crap, like having a construction digger blocking the alley that goes to the parking spaces behind Heretic. The construction workers were on lunch and shrugged when I beeped and asked them to move the thing. Wankers. It took me almost another 15 minutes to finally get around the block and into the space, what with it being mid-day, downtown on a beautiful day. But, then this fellow named Oak (well, Dan) came into the store and he made me feel better by just being his pleasant self. Then, later in the day, a man went by the store walking -something- on a leash. I couldn't see what it was, because it was very low to the ground and the step up blocked my view, so I went outside, thinking it was something long and low to the ground, like a ferret. I like ferrets. And lo ! It was an iguana ! Hey neat ! I talked to the man leading it, and found out that, though it was about two feet long, it would probably grow to be longer than five when it was fully mature (it is presently only two years old), and it turned out to be a he. A he named Freddie ! Freddie the Iguana, strolled past the store today. Whee !

There's not much to report. I opted to have a quiet night tonight, what with all my working on websites and whatnot. I went to Java to have supper after work, and read about a third of the latest Now Magazine (the best Toronto weekly paper, full of arts listings and whatnot) over a huge, cheesy chicken fajita and pink guava shake. Their shakes are just so damn good, I have one almost every time I go. Yum, yum, yum. I played a bit on the MUD tonight, which is unusual in itself, since I hardly seem to get on it anymore. I figure a couple times a week, no more than that, but I try to make it count when I do. Now, I really should be going to bed, as it's a ROM day tomorrow (oh, yay), but the thing is, I'm not really tired yet.

I wrote an email to Brom a couple nights ago, asking him if it would be alright for me to use a couple of his works on my site, providing I give him credit and link to his page. He replied that it was, and thanks, which is nice. It's nice when people we look up to are polite. It makes all the other jerks in the world seem a lot less important, if you know what I mean. So, after I've finished doing my updates to what is already there, and the updates to Ray's page, then I can work on a little mini Brom page. Oh, and another thing, related to webpages, is that I've offered to run Nadine's (my singer friend, who I went for dinner with last night - a good, solid, fun time, where mostly we griped about being poor artists) site for her. It's nothing big, just three pages or there about, with a headshot and upcoming concert info and a bio. It's going to be fun, and relatively simple. Not too graphic intensive, and it won't require much thinking. This is good. It should be fun. Also, the fee is reasonable. For now, she will just feed me, and when she's in a position to be able to pay me, she will. I think that's okay. Anyway, now I'm feeling a bit sleepy, so I think I'll head for the night.