Wednesday, May 22, 2002

I've done some significant renovations to my webpage in the last two nights. Last night, created a couple brand-spanking-new pages that get you where you need to go, and today, I've started on Portfolio Redux. Hopefully, by the end of the week, it won't matter anymore what browser you look at my portfolio with. Oh, I also added a new piece of art in the 'illustration' section. It's not a new piece, really, since I did it a couple summers ago, but it's new for the webpage. Once I'm done with mine, I can get back to working on Ray's (though I've sort of started making changes to that, too).

A movie is being shot right next to the ROM at the Royal Conservatory of Music. I noticed it because I needed to go to the bank, which meant I would have cut through the RCM's parking lot, except it was ribboned off with caution tape and pylons. I saw a set, built to match the conservatory's bricks (rather convincingly, too), and thought I'd better investigate. I strolled up Philosopher's Walk and out onto Bloor St and when I passed the parking lot, my kleptomanic need for pylons nearly got the better of me (nearly) and I saw the sandwich board. "Bulletproof Monk to set". Uh... huh. So, when I went back intot he museum, I looked it up on the web and found out that it's a movie due to come out late 2002 (shouldn't they be done filming then?) and it stars Chow Yun-Fat. It's based on the comic of the same name, though apparently not the same storyline. Huh. I'd thought Bulletproof Monk was directed by John Woo, which would have been ultimately cool, but I had misread a site. The real director is an unknown (unless Mariah Carey videos count), named Paul Hunter. My excitement about it diminished when I learned this. Oh well. The fact that it's being filmed next to the ROM makes it kind of cool, though, and I'll still probably go see it when it's in theatres.