Monday, May 06, 2002

Today, the first scent that I took notice of (other than Rick's cigarette) was that of Fresh Cut Grass. Oh, deliciousness ! What a wonderful, green, lovely smell that is. It's full of potential and beautiful things. I think it set the tone for the rest of the day, for I had a really excellent one.

Heretic was full of fun people, including Marcus, the magical fellow who fronts the band, Vampire Beach Babes, which somehow combines goth music with surf tunes. Amazing ! He's keen and full of pep ! He said he was meditating along the street. Heehee. Also, many fun tourists who bought things, as opposed to the poopy ones that don't.

Last night, Rick and I went for a less than excellent dinner at the Sushi Bistro, which is disappointing, because previously, it was my tied-for-second favourite sushi place. The rice was too sticky and heavy. Neither of us were able to finish our dinners, and if you know us, you know we can both hoover it up ! Then we walked to the Legendary Horseshoe Tavern in order to hear Hotel, the band with which Nick is friends. I had a good time being hit on by Miles, the rhythm guitarist, and I had an even better time pointing out my boyfriend who was looking suitably nonplussed. I'm so mean. Hotel rocked, which is a damn good thing, because the band before them absolutely stank. Stank as in making my eardrums scream for the agony to end. At one point I asked Rick, only half jokingly, "Are my ears bleeding?" Anyway, Hotel was very good. Good, good, good. And fun. And I did bunches of dancing, which is more than most people were doing (okay, a few were dancing). Also, I met Matt 9. That's a bit of a long story, which I'm still not sure I understand, so I'll just let it go. He liked my bondage pants, and he knew too much about me for someone he'd just met.

I had a really good time at Rick's after the show, and I must thank Nick tremendously for coming home to feed Willi and then go BACK to WORK for the night. Rick and I both appreciate it. I arrived home after work tonight, though, and found piles of kibble in Willi's bowl, though. I think Nick was a little overzealous. By about three handfuls.

When I arrived home tonight, after walking from work to Dufferin (about 40 minutes of long-legged sauntering), I fully intended to put up my wonderful window fixtures. My plan was foiled, however; by a lack of curtain pole from which to hang the grilles. I hope they're in the back of Scarlette, who is presently parked in the old neighbourhood, rather than having been forgotten in Peterborough. It's very frustrating having my car quite some distance from my house. I finally got the landlord's info for the street parking, only now, because I was a good girl and paid some money to my phonebill, I don't have a letter addressed to me at this address. Tomorrow I'll request a new bill so that I can get the permit on Thursday morning. Nothing is ever easy.

Anyway, ROM tomorrow, and I dare not be late, so I'm off to bed.