Tuesday, May 07, 2002

I would never have thought that Honest Ed's (the enormous discount wannabe department store in town) would have people lining up outside before it opens. I remarked about it to my cabbie (since I was running late, a taxi was the only choice I had) and he thought it was bizarre too, but apparently they're there every morning. Maybe if you don't get there early, all the bargain cutlery runs away. Or something.

Barbequing didn't work out last night, nor did my window fixings. It seems Nick had been awake since Saturday and when I got home, he'd passed out. He'd better not be asleep tonight, though, because my beef isn't going to last forever and I'm not home tomorrow for dinner. I can see that having the patio off of his bedroom might become a problem, though. He keeps his door closed and I often have no idea if he's home. In the summer, he's going to have to keep it open for the sliding doors to ventilate the house. This was something I hadn't thought of when we saw the place. After all, it was the winter at that point and outside was something best left to the... outside.

Anyway, tonight is going to be steak night, and I'll go pick up some tasty veggie something or other, snow peas, I think. That will be delicious. After that, I'm going to help Nicole some more by taking her up to the Home Depot for things. I don't mind doing things for her, since I'm getting a $250 corset for free. Good deal.

Last night, Willi was incredibly irritating. She woke me up at 3:45am for breakfast. So, I got up, fed her and promptly shut her out of my room. Normally she'd sit outside and pick at the underside of the door until I let her back in, but maybe there isn't enough room between the floor and door for her to get her paw under and twisted around. Whatever the reason, I was able to sleep peacefully.