Saturday, May 18, 2002

I think I forgot to mention that Nick bought a Playstation 2 at a substantial reduction. Tonight, I played ICO for the first time and it's amazing. I want to produce games as fresh and captivating as this. It's unbelievable in its detail and depth. The story comes clear slowly, though the game moves quickly, and the characters become utterly compelling. Beautiful.

I dropped by Al & Carrie's earlier, too, because on Sunday night I'm going to swing by and get all, or at least most of the remainder of my junk from their place. I walked in the door and Pepper, the matching cat (with tiny stripes) to Willi, looked up, so I called her. Her response was a huge meow and she leapt down to greet me. That was sweet. I think she missed me. Heck, Al nearly did the same with his need to feed me - I guess they miss having me around. I kind of miss being around, too, but I'm really starting to like my place now, too. It's feeling a bit better, more like home.

I'm very pleased with how the living room is shaping up - a little more art on the walls and it will be almost perfect. I'll have to get up in the morning to make my windows just right, especially since Mom is coming for a visit. At least the house is pretty clean. The bathroom could use another scrub, but I'll get on that at another time. Mom's bringing me potting soil. I'm glad of that, because I really enjoyed planting flowers at Manning Ave. Flowers help make a house into a home, in my opinion. Mom always has wonderful gardens, no matter where we live.

There's an internship with MNR that I'm going to apply for. Sure, were I to get it, the money would be good, I could pay off my debts, and have a stable income, but it would mean moving back to Peterborough, at least for the duration of the job, which would be about eight months. I don't know what I would do with my place here at the house with Nick. It's not a job I'm terribly enthusiastic about, though it would definitely be interesting. It would be just long enough for many of my computer skills to become even less relevant, though the income would allow me the improved video card for Natasha and a drawing palette, among other things, but... Well, I'm going to apply, and I'll worry all about that stuff when the time comes, if I get hired.