Friday, May 03, 2002

Goodness ! You'll never believe who I spoke to last night... Ryan's invisible girlfriend, Colleen ! Well, at least I -think- it was her. I can't be certain, of course, since it was over the phone and not face to face. Anyway, she's a good deal funnier than I thought she'd be, in a dry, sardonic way, which is good, because I like that sort of humour. Anyway, that was sort of weird. I talked to her for about half an hour, altogether, or there about, while Ryan made babbly noises the whole time. What a nerd. I was at Ryan's in order to paint miniatures. I painted a banner for his troup, a nice griphon rampant en argent, so to speak. Painting afforded us a lot of time to talk. I expressed my feelings on how 'the group' had been treated over the last several months, and we discussed Tanya wanting to come out for Star Wars while working out the Colleen factor. There is no easy solution. Ryan admitted that this wouldn't have been a problem had he dealt with everything from the beginning. Oy.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to Ryan's next Wednesday, following doctor things, and we're going to paint some more, and he's finally going to teach me Mordheim. As he put it, referring to my Sisters of Sigmar Mordheim miniatures, "Your sisters are so pretty... I want to trounce them." Or something to that effect.

I'm at the museum right now, feeling kind of 'meh', in that I'm sick and tired, though not of anything in particular. Rather, I'm sick. I'm also tired. I was late for work again, and the Evil One, who has not been evil in... well, really since he discovered we're obsessive about the same band, said, "Is 9:30 getting too hard for you?" My response was, "Uh, this week, ya," with a big sheepish grin. And ... that was the end of it. I might have to stop referring to him as the Evil One. *laugh* I guess that's a good thing.