Tuesday, March 05, 2002

Bah, today is a day for opening three days worth of mail, which has accumulated in great heaps. My fingers bear the scars of a hard morning of battle with paper, though I've managed to avoid bleeding on the renewal forms. I actually like opening the mail. It means that I can surf while I do it. For instance, I have now caught up on Tanya's weblog, which is being hosted on Trurl. She's a fancy fun girl.

Other than peering into Tanya's life, I spent a good deal of time looking at employment opportunities at various companies and coursed through massive lists of jobs I would never want on job search pages. It's starting to bother me that I am not doing anything creative with the skills I've learned and the talants I've got. Masque-making last night with Nicole and Mark was a positive step and things are going very well, but it makes me itch to do fun creative things with my life, rather than as after-school projects.

Speaking of creativity, tonight I'm going to Anne LeDuigou's appartment for an art open-house party. I will be making my fancy cider, which means that I have to drop by a grocery store to buy some cinnamon sticks and a couple of apples for dicing up into the pot. Some old friends from highschool will be there, plus many people I don't know, so it should be interesting. Anne gets to talk about art, which is something she excells at, and I'll get to listen and play point-counter-point with her, which is something I am very good at. Discussing art with Anne is compelling, entertaining, and incredibly intelligent.