Monday, February 11, 2002

I'm letting my slightly less-than-delicious soup cool. I figure that it's a bad sign when I have to breathe through my mouth after each swallow and then down a swallow of cold water. I'm impatient for eatin' !

Nothing too much is going on today, just me at the ROM, wishing I was elsewhere. There's a general lack of connexion for me at home as Al has not yet been able to figure out why Natasha won't connect. It's sort of frustrating. I've been looking forward to getting active on the MUD again, but the Powers That Be have other ideas, I suppose.

Gah, soup still too hot. Ouch. Breathe. Sip.

It's a most wonderful day today, I must say - frigid, but sunny ! Oh so sunny. If only the snow were fresh and not the half-melted, refrozen grey muck that is the definition of Toronto winters, then it would be perfect. Perhaps it will snow tonight. That would be fitting, especially since it's Olympics season. Lots of people can't stand the Olympics, like I can't stand most major sporting events, but for me, the winter olympics just... rock. With the exception of snowboarding and short-track speed skating, there isn't a sport I won't watch, and I will watch those two, I just don't care hugely one way or t'other. Heck, I go out of my way to watch the hockey, figure skating, long-track speed skating, and x-country skiing.

My soup is cool enough to eat now, so I'm going to do just that. Well, it's still hot, uncomfortably so, but I'll suffer because my lunch break is over in five minutes.