Thursday, January 10, 2002

Wow, I'm beat. I came to school around noon, which is not long ago, and I've already eaten my lunch. Bad me. Anyway, I'm going to finish up Alloisius' hands today. It occured to me, just a moment ago, that I should have set his eyes to follow a locator. It would have saved a lot of time, but I guess it's okay. They look nice the way I've done them.

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to stay as late as I thought I would. I think I'll stay long enough to finish his fingers and do a rough render of the scene to see how it looks. I've never actually rendered anything, except that time back in, er, September or early October, when Nick showed me how to render my solar system. That was a while ago.

On another note, it looks like the names are up for the TAs. I don't notice mine on the list, which totally stinks, but then, for most of this course, I've seemed confused and frustrated. 'Getting it in the end' wasn't what they were looking for, I suppose, and I'm not surprised; disappointed, maybe. I had hoped to get it, because it would at least be work in the field I'm hoping to break into, and now I really do have to apply for government internships in areas I'm less interested in and ultimately less helpful for my being a concept artist. I'll see about entry level positions at companies hither and thither, but, well, I could really have used a little more time in the classroom and TAing would have been perfect.