Thursday, January 24, 2002

I went back to highshool today. Just for fun. It's also a good way to kill that hour after flouride when you can't eat or drink anything. Yes, I was at the dentist today, as well. By the way, I don't plan to recap the entire week. Suffice it to say that I went home, was fed good food, slept a lot, attended Ray's vernisage, and came back to Toronto a few days late thanks to an impromptu (not that they're ever planned) car problem and mild migraine when the weather got warm. Anyway, where was I? Oh, right. I went to my old school.

Northern Secondary School: the place that kept me sane in an unstable world. A lot of people can't say that about their highschools, but happily, I can. Anyway, a lot of my favourite teachers have moved on to other places, which was sort of sad, but three that I loved are still there. I dropped in on Mr. Z, my crazy old illustration teacher, Mac, my drawing/painting instructor (who is now the head of art thanks to Mr. U having buzzed off), and the only math teacher that was able to get me doing algebra, Ms. Verkade. All three of them were touched by my visit, which was nice, and Ms. Verkade looked like she was going to cry when I said she was the best math teacher I ever had. All three of them want me to come back with my portfolio to show them what I've been up to, so I'll go back in May when I have new and fancy stuff.

I have to get packing. I am moving this coming Wednesday (thanks Ryan, for being so kind as to help), and I haven't started yet. Tonight I will start with the toys and crap. Yes, crap. I have a lot of crap. Too much, really, but it's amazing how much crap one accumulates in two-and-a-half years of living in one place. Wow.