Saturday, December 22, 2001

I still have yet to recover my sleep from those last insane days of school, but other than that, I'm feeling pretty good today. Yesterday, after almost forgetting that I had a lunch date with Eldygar, I managed to hoof it to Tokyo Sushi only about ten minutes late. We sat in there for something around two hours, eating and talking and laughing before window shopping our way back to my house. He met Willi and she made quite the impression on him, hussy that she is, and he looked at my sketch book and Alloisius' lip synch. He's a wonderful person and very entertainng... he's also very astute, though he'd probably look shocked and not believe me if I told him that. A very good fellow, indeed. I gave him a ride to Bathurst station around six o'clock, and then I drove down to Heretic for a final fitting of my coat. It's... amazing.

I drove all the way back up to Al and Carrie's at the top of the city for some D&D fun, and boy was it ! Gosh. Normally I'm not a big fan of straight up slash and hack, but we did a really good job of it. It's been a very entertaining campaign, so far, and I'm enjoying playing Velkyn as a young, fresh-on-the-surface, drow. She lacks the confidence in so many things, but her sense of self-preservation is already marked, as well the complexities of her beliefs... Because she never speaks about herself to anyone, even to the point of never telling someone her real name, she exudes a sort of typical stereotype: dangerous, angry drow. She's far more complicated than that, though, and now while she's younger and unable to school her responses as well as she can in maturity, some of it comes out. Most people just think she's got issues, but in fact, she has a very strong concept of herself and her place in life. Really, she has no issues at all. It's good stuff.

Tonight, Rick and I are picking up Mom's new computer, then driving out to Stoney Creek for dinner. I've got to go out and withdraw some money, then pick up a plant for the Wissenzes. I sort of feel lame bringing a plant, but I really can't afford to get into presents for the whole family, you know? Anyway, it will be nice to see them.

Tomorrow I'm going to work, which isn't terribly exciting, I suppose. It will probably be busy, it being the last full shopping day before Christmas. Well, there's the 24th, I guess, but many people work that day, and some stores aren't even open a full day, so anyway. I'll bring a book just in case, but a busy day is good for business. Then I'll come home, pack up my things, perhaps write one last weblog entry until after Christmas, then stuff Willi into a case and shlep her and my stuff off to the Petes.

In any case, since I may not be here to write tomorrow:

"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night !" Also, drive carefully, be responsible, and remember, Christmas is a holiday of good cheer and peace. This should affect every-day life, but since we all forget that, at least for this season now, be at peace, and in good spirits.

Best wishes,
Maya