Tuesday, December 04, 2001

Fog. Lots of fog today. I like fog, generally, as it obscures everything and gives an air of mystery. Fog is like a bridge between realities - I think it allows people to cross over into other realms. That concept has been with me since childhood. I was so pleased back when I first read "The Mists of Avalon" because that is exactly what M.Z.B. did with fog in her novel. Anyway, it's a mysterious day. Not Christmassy, still, but nice. Since it's still way too warm for snow, I'll settle for fog. I'd rather have snow now, but well, I'm not in control of the weather.

I mailed off my packages today, so now all I have to get done are my cards. I fear I'll be a little late on the Hanukkah cards, this year, but what can you do? It all sort of snuck up on me really fast, what with all this warm weather. Christmas is only 20 days away, which is crazy ! It's been this way for the last month. Everyone has been putting off their shopping and general festivity for the same reason... it's damn warm ! This shopping thing doesn't really apply to me, however; as I start mine in August. I've got my gifts for Rick, Megan (the one in Toronto), Tracy, and as I said, I've mailed gifts to my sisters and Megs-in-Philly. I've got to burn some discs for some of my MUD friends, and finish shopping for Mom, but I'm pretty well all done. Go me !

It's a school day, today, and this is where I am. I got a lot of excellent work done on Alloisius this past Saturday, but I need to fix his shoes and I need to detatch and reaffix them...

**time lapse of 15 minutes**

Okay, I just got help from Daniele and now Alloisius' ears are sexy. I'll tweak them a bit once I've finished fixing his shoes. I'm not sure I've said, but I've applied to TA here next semester. I think I'd be a good one, just because I learn differently from everyone else so I bring an alternate kind of thought process to the programme. Not since highschool (yes, I did like Northern) have I enjoyed school. I love it here. I love what I'm learning, and I love the people. There were hardly any individual classes at UofT for which I could say the same.

I can name off the professors and their courses that I really enjoyed, and when you realise how many credits I graduated with, you see how few and far between the enjoyment was. There was Patricia Howard and her Shakespeare and After class, and EVERY class I had with Alexander Nagel, and with Mac Johnston, and Nicholas Turpstra's social renaissance histories, and Margaret McGeachy's English 101, or whatever number it was. In five years, that's not so great of a record. Ten courses out of the 35 or 40 that I took. Congrats, UofT, on nearly optimum suckage.