Friday, November 23, 2001

Tonight I'm going to Rick's for a stay-at-home date. He's asked me to pick out some jazz to bring, and he's bought wine and a shrimp ring. It's going to be a lovely, romantic evening. At least I hope so ! He's unfortunately a little under the weather due to a bit of excessive drinking last night, which actually made him leave work early today (naughty), but hopefully he'll be alright.

I, too, did a bit of drinking last night, but not quite so much as him, or perhaps I did, but I guess maybe I paced myself and rehydrated better. Also, I stayed up late on the phone with my friend Adam who lives in New Orleans and therefore sobered right up. Anyway, we weren't out together, obviously. I went to Nadine's birthday party which was held at SpaHa under the hideous Graduate House at Spadina and Harbord. I'd never been there before, and you know? It was DAMN good, even if the alcohol was a little over priced. The food was terrific and the waitress was delightful.

It was a nice mix of people, as well. I felt a little trepidation, I must say, knowing that there would be few people there that I knew, but then I remembered that these were all Nader's friends and she wouldn't count pompous dinks among them. Sure enough, while there was a little natural polarisation, mostly everyone mingled and mixed nicely. I had some enjoyable conversations with singers from the choir she's in, with her cousin, a friend from her work, and a few people that I did loosely know from back in university. It was good fun.

Then I came home and cleaned myself up (as in my make-up), put on my night gown and crawled into bed from where I called Adam. He was the guy that addicted me to Realms of Despair three years ago - more, now, I suppose. He and I haven't spoken in a very long time. We used to talk on the phone about once a month, sharing the expenses between us. This one was on me, so he'd better shell out for the next one. Anyway, it was great to hear his voice.

Anyway, now I must look about for my notes on patch modeling NURBs, as my brain has missed a step, or more likely two.