Tuesday, October 30, 2001

Tonight I went to see Diane's apartment. It's nice. It's not really as big as where I am presently, and it has no porch to suit my limited gardening desires, but it's nice. I met Justin at his work and we went to the place, checked it all out... nice. What can I say, it was nice.

Unfortunately, Justin was vibing weirdly the whole time, which granted sounds like some sort of medical disorder, but it is the only way to describe it. He even brought up his friend, Peter, out in Halifax, inviting him to move out there. Nice timing there, Just, really. He had to get back to work so I hung out with Diane for a bit - she fed me some yummy soup she'd made herself (how many prospective landladies do THAT?) - and we chatted. I came home and had very little luck with my homework, discovering at this late time, that the model I have to work with is... well, not the best to work with. Lacking the immediate patience to fix it, I did some other things for a while.

When Justin came home, having been out drinking with his bud, Jay, we got to sort of discussing the place. I was talking about what sort of people were also interested in the house and how I thought we'd probably lose out to the present tenant's friend's mother who needs a place because she's just gotten a job in Toronto. He mentioned that it would sort of be better for him to live with Jay where he would only have to pay 200$ a month. I couldn't believe what I heard, so I ignored him while I cleaned Willi's litter. I washed and dried my hands, poured myself a glass of water, and at this point it all degraded:

MAYA: It's totally cool to live with Jay. What's not cool is telling me you'd like to continue living with me and then changing your mind.
JUSTIN: No, what's not cool is you thinking I said something I didn't ! I did not tell you that ! I said I didn't know if I'd want to live with Jay.
MAYA: That is not what you said, you said that you would like to-
JUSTIN (yelling): No, when I said I would consider living with Jay, you laughed it off and said 'you don't really want to live with Jay, do you?'
MAYA: You laughed it off, yourself-
JUSTIN: No, I didn't say I'd rather live with you over Jay-
MAYA (yelling): Don't interrupt me, Justin ! We discussed this and you told me you wanted to keep living with me-
JUSTIN: I-
MAYA (over top of his interruption): That's what you told me, and I've been blissfully thinking I'd still be living with you. Why the hell did you come to the house tonight? Why did you let me think you would jump at moving out of here and-
JUSTIN: I still wanted to see it.
MAYA: Right, so you can live somewhere else and leave me in the lurch.
JUSTIN: I never said anything like-
MAYA (stomping off to her bedroom): Screw it !
JUSTIN: Ya-wha?
MAYA (slams door)

At this point Justin sat fuming in the kitchen much as I was fuming in my room, though I have no idea if he was crying like I was. He put on his shoes and stomped down the stairs to go... trudge around outside. I phoned Nick (I would have called Rick, but he was sleeping, and Nick, having seen him online moments earlier, was not) and bawled the story to him. Justin came back moments later, but I did not open my door for further discussion. At that moment, as far as I was concerned, he could live in a garbage bag if it was what he wanted.

This is not fine timing on Justin's part. Nick JUST committed to a very nice apartment north of here, so I can't even finagle him to take this place with me. I'm screwed. I don't know what Justin plans to do - he can move to Halifax for all I care at this moment. But if I get evicted, I have to look for a new place, pack up my house, and move all while I'm still in school. I can't afford to live on my own, and now I don't even have the security of living with Justin.

And, to top it off, it's 2:20am and I haven't finished my animation project yet. Sleep? Bah, it's for the weak.

Today sucked. Utterly.