Tuesday, October 30, 2001

I overslept this morning, mostly due to the stupidity of the night before. Justin didn't come out of his room while I was getting ready so I don't even know if he was awake. Not that I felt like talking.

Wackiness, though, when I came out of my room to get ready for bed sometime around 4am, I stepped in a massive puddle that seemed to be making its slow way toward my bedroom from beneath Justin's door. I suppose it was water, but it was pretty weird. I briefly considered it as an act of passive aggression directed against me, but I dismissed it, thinking that was just a little too vindictive for Justin. Maybe he spilled something in his room, but whatever it was, I mopped it up with a towel. Weird.

My homework was not overly successful last night, I must say. It probably wouldn't have been successful even if I'd been able to work straight through without distraction and interruption. I've read through a lot of the online tutorials that come with Maya Unlimited 4.0, just trying to find the clues I need to do my work. Maybe that's why my theoretical knowledge is so much further along than my practical. Anyway, in school, my group was a little disappointed that I didn't have work done, or rather the work I had done was disfunctional, but soon they realised that there were a lot of inherant problems in the model. We're moving along at a nice pace now, though, and I've been helping Martin blend face shapes for the lipsynch. Once that's done, I'll try animating it again. Hopefully this time it will work.

And maybe this time Maya won't crash. It's a hard lesson to learn, but after a few good system failures, you force yourself to 'save' your work. All the time. So, tedious, but important. Also, all this is a good way to keep my mind off of the other crap.