Sunday, October 28, 2001

So, huh. The Place. Didn't see it. Nope. I met Justin at his work and we strolled down the street to the house, rang the doorbell and... waited. We rang it again and... waited. Hm. Diane was nice enough to provide a comfy wicker love seat on her porch, though, so we sat on that for a bit. I tried calling her with my handy-dandy (it's still new enough for me to call it that) cell phone, but no one was there. I tried calling her at Julie's house where I thought perhaps she might erroniously be. I left another message. Justin suggested ringing the tennant buzzer, but no one was answering there, either.It was getting cold, so we went in search of a coffee house, figuring Dundas W. to be much like, on a more scaled down level, College St. Hah, no.

There was a plethora of unrented and boarded up storefronts, closed convenience stores (not terribly convenient) and hair salons. There is, however; a giant wedding crap super store full of horribly ornate porcelain figures and chincey pastel coloured table dressings. I'll remember that when I'm in the market for B-movie scene filler. Justin and I ended up at the Coffee Time at Dundas and Euclid. It's not as sketchy as many of its bretheren, but it seemed to cater to the local Triad needs. There was even a smoking section where ten or so Asian males were smoking, gambling over poker (I think), and doing business on their phones. So, while this one did in fact have doughnuts, it was still a highly sketchy locale to drink coffee.

We made some more calls, left some more messages, and decided to walk home. When we arrived, Adina infomed us that Diane had JUST called and that we should phone to reschedule. Diane was spaced, apparently, which is okay and I explained that it happened to me all the time, and we've set tomorrow at between 7pm and 8pm to view it. I might as well view an apartment tomorrow evening since it turns out Momus is then, and Rick can't afford it, Nick's likely not going to be able to go thanks to arriving home from Nova Scotia, and I have a pile of homework that needs doing.

Actually, I should start on that homework now; Mr. Miyagi is calling out to be animated. I should. I probably won't for a while, though, I need a bit of down time.