Sunday, October 28, 2001

I don't want to be sick again. As much as I love this time of year, being sick every other week really gets tedious. I can't imagine how it must be to be out on the streets these days, when the weather gets colder and the rain falls more often than the sun shines, and then to be sick all the time. Now is about the time when I start carrying loose change in my pockets just so that I can give it away to the panhandlers. God, I don't even want to imagine how horrible it must be on the streets now, let alone actually live it.

I'm off to meet Justin so that we can go look at an apartment together since my Asshole Neighbours are still assholes, and what with the house I'm in being sold and all and not having any idea whether or not we'll be evicted... Anyway, the place in Diane's house is up for rent and, while it might make Nick sad if we get it because it would be a perma-thing, it would be a really good thing for Justin and I who desperately need to keep living together. We like us ! Hopefully the place will be big enough, and Diane will favour us because I'm old friends of the family, but still, no sure thing. Hopefully, though.

Didn't go to Rocky Horror last night. Rick and I picked up Tical and Starlah (from Realms of Despair) for the get together and headed off to Mississauga for fun. Unfortunately, the Fox and Fiddle, the place where all the RoD events, including the massively good for business Reunion every August, decided to be anal because Starlah had no ID. So, rather than send Tical and Starlah off to nowheresville, we decided to accompany them. We collected Selina in the foyer leaving Feyd to wait for others to show. He promised to tell everyone where we'd gone to when they arrived.

So, we drove across the parking lot and went to Casey's which turned out to be a good idea. I had a 'little Ricky' which is a half-pint of Rickards Red and it was DELICIOUS. Naturally, when Rick (my boyfriend, not the drink) told me it was an aquired taste, I knew I'd like it. I ONLY like aquired tastes when it comes to beer. The nachos I had weren't so great, but it was fun, and best of all, everyone came to the restaurant to join us. Yay for geek solidarity ! Then we went to JJQ's and rented tables (it's a pool hall) and played the night away. Sorry for the F&F, we aren't going back there. You'd think for regular customers, who happen to also host a 40-person gathering over four days in August, you could bend the rules or turn a blind eye for ONE person.

Ahh, fuck 'em.

Anyway, now I must take off my skirt and put on some pants because it's damn chilly outside. I must meet Justin at his work and then off to see the place.