Sunday, July 29, 2007

B:36 Home.

Now my boys, Choco and Twee, are sitting at the screen door, watching intently as the rain pelts down outside. It's been a while since it's been completely dark at night. And it's sure dark out now. If it weren't completely overcast, the sky would probably still be tinted dark blue with a kind of greenish-yellow tinge along the horizon beneath which the sun was moving. It's a nice trade-off on the whole, four hours of light in the winter thing; the near complete daylight thing at the height of summer.

You know, I'd like the Yukon more if I were only here in the summer months. I'd have a summer cabin up here, although I'm not sure I could get used to swimming in the frigid water. Of course, that is all hypothetical, since we already have a summer cottage in Quebec.

Watching my cats whacking bugs on the screen makes me think they would really love it there, too. I miss it. On a night like tonight, with the rain pelting and bouncing on the earth and wooden structures outside, it reminds me of many a cool, wet night at the cottage.

More than any place I've been or lived, that is the one I most closely identify as "home".