Saturday, July 28, 2007

B:15 For the Birds

For now, it is beautiful. Even as a cloud has passed in front of the sun and shrouded the yard in shadow, it's beautiful. It is warm, about 22C but it feels like 27 in the sun, and I'm doing my homework in my hammock.

Around me, the myriad of birds are chirping and singing and flitting about. Today I got glared at by a pine siskin and unlike in Southern Ontario where the white-throated, white-crowned and chipping sparrows are mellow and shy compared to the English House Sparrows, here, where the latter does not exist, the others are ballsy like all get-out !

It took more than six months, but it seems the birds have finally accepted my bird feeder as a "good thing". I also sprinkle seeds on the ground and my cats get a real kick out of watching the birds hopping around outside.