Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jerry Falwell is dead.

A friend of mine said, "I do not believe in speaking ill of the dead, they can do that for themselves." Generally, I agree with this sentiment, but there are some people, particularly vile blights upon the face of humanity for whom I am willing to make an exception.

Jerry Falwell had no idea what it means to be a 'true Christian'. If he did, he would not have spouted his cancerous hatred and intolerance for those different from himself. I hope, that if there is a heaven and hell (and I'm by no means convinced that there is), he has woken up to find himself in eternal burning agony from which there is no respite.

And now, I offer you, gentle reader, some of Jerry Falwell's legacy to the world:

“AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.”

“If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being.”

“It appears that America's anti-Biblical feminist movement is at last dying, thank God, and is possibly being replaced by a Christ-centered men's movement which may become the foundation for a desperately needed national spiritual awakening.”

“The whole (global warming) thing is created to destroy America's free enterprise system and our economic stability.”

"I believe that global warming is a myth. And so, therefore, I have no conscience problems at all and I'm going to buy a Suburban next time."

"I think hell's a real place where real people spend a real eternity."


Well, Jerry, if you can figure out how to communicate from beyond the grave, tell us what it's like, okay?