Friday, October 06, 2006

I've had a particularly gruelling week, though today is currently quite mellow. It has involved a conference, several varied tours, spending a lot of time driving people (for the conference) back and forth, shmoozing, eating, planning tours, playing phonetag, writing an article, and unfortunately arguing with my boss. Not so cool with that last one. But it's all added up to one heck of a week.

Twice now, I've tried to cook squash. Bake. Whatever. First it was an acorn squash, which took forever and totally wasn't worth the labour involved and the second was a spaghetti squash, which I tried to bake last night. When I cut it open, I was horrified to discover that part of its innards were rotten. Gross. And the part that was good, wasn't particularly tasty. Not with salt, not with butter. I give up. If it isn't pumpkin, I don't want to bother. And if it is pumpkin, I'll take it IN things, thanks.

I was supposed to work this weekend, but my boss decided that he would work and I would take the three days off (long weekend for Thanksgiving) and rest up because "I look like I need it." Jerk. Anyway, I contemplated going to Anchorage with my friend Hoshq, but that's a lot of driving (like 22 hours or something) for just three days off. It would be a stunning drive, I'm sure, but would it be worth it? Well, maybe it would, but I'm not going to find out, because I don't think I'm up for that kind of driving. I'd consider driving up to Carmacks or Faro... those could be daytrips, but not all the way to Anchorage.

Anyway, tonight, Owen and a I are having dinner at Hoshq's cabin. Potluck style. It should be fun and rustic and about as close to a Thanksgiving dinner as I'm going to come this year. I shall sorely miss my mother's awesome cranberry sauce and crabapples, and the turkey, but since no one is actually generous enough in this town to invite us outsiders into their homes for such holidays, dinner tonight will have to do. I'm planning on bringing pumpkin pie. :)

And, finally, in still more utterly unrelated news, I woke up this morning to the odour of Twee lying on the pillow next to mine, stinking of poo because he had a turd stuck in his fur. And then, seconds later, Choco arrived and after a few sniffs, tried to bury Twee's bum. Needless to say, I woke up, chucked Mr. Poopypants off the bed and then chased him with a kleenex until I rid him of said clingon. YUCK.