Saturday, February 05, 2005

So, this art contest I mentioned in my last post, is this "women in art" competition where the winners will be selected for a book. It is being held by a reputable publishing company, known for fantasy type illustration books, and the judges are some of the best in the field. I don't think that the submissions have to be fantasy, though. Sadly, there's a somewhat heafty entry fee of $20 per submission, but it's not actually out of line with many of the other competition entry fees I've seen. I'd post a link, but I don't have the website handy here at the museum. In a similar vein, I've also gotten my Ad-Astra art competition entry forms, so now I have to think about what I've got to hang. See, the problem is, I haven't had all that much time to get any art done.

School is going alright. I wish I were as enthusiastic this semester as I was last, but sadly, certain things have happened that have made me kind of uncomfortable. Namely, being sick for a week and having an instructor renege on the promise of a letter of reference for the reason of absences... Ya, and she did this via email while I was sitting three chairs away from her in the same room. Needless to say, I have dealing with that to greet me at the start of this week. Oh boy.

Other than that, things have been kind of quiet. Nick came and visited, made the guest bed smelly (Nick, you really should bathe more), and I got sick. Oh, and I did a TON of school work. Despite being sick, I managed to attend nearly every group meeting I had got my work in on time. You know how I did this? With my awesome-super powers, inherited from my mother. Still, I can't help feeling I have missed something in the bustle, hustle, and bed-rest.

I finally got my OSAP funding - for the autumn term. How timely. Thank you, Canada Student Loans, for being so disfunctional that my money was held up for four months. It's a damn good thing I didn't need it desperately, you know, because it wouldn't have been there to help. As it stands, I'm saving it up for my glorious unpaid internship in the future. Whee? I'm going through various job-posting websites and hitting pages belonging to specific museums looking at my options. I'm still very much focused on doing my internship in New York, but I'm almost certain I won't be able to begin it until the fall.
Also, I keep dreaming about cars and last night I dreamt of a corpse stuffed under a grate and in a pipe (yes, she was in two pieces) in what looked like the basement of my old house on Avenue Road. It wasn't that creepy, though it was a bit disturbing. I guess I'm watching too much CSI.