Saturday, January 22, 2005

I'm sitting at the reception desk at the Museum, enjoying the rather tranquil day. There is no major exhibition on and it's been snowing steadily since about 3am so traffic is not surprisingly down. There is a wedding show going on here this weekend, so I might go have a quick look on my break later, but for the same reason, that show is under populated as well. This weather makes me so happy. Yesterday it was frigid and bright with sun, today it's colder than normal and snowy - I'm in bliss ! I've got tights on under my pants, and socks over the tights, a teeshirt under my dress shirt and a shawl wrapped around me. Yesterday, I was also wearing leg warmers.

Around lunch time, I had the most powerful urge to get up go make snow angels on the front lawn ! I restrained myself; however, the idea of coming back into work with wet pants was not a pleasant one. I might just have to do it when I'm done, though. I'd love to be out riding or skiing or toboggonning (how is that spelled?) or just about anything other than just sitting here waiting for someone to buy admission. Last night, despite the skin-crackingly cold air, I walked from Yonge to the ROM in order to stop in at Nine West. There's a 50% off sale and shoes are not only fun, but ... well. Okay, shoes are fun and I haven't bought any in a while. I had enough power of will to not buy two pairs, one was enough. But what a pair it is ! They're pretty, feminine, super heeled, lilac and grey party shoes (with an ankle strap). *purr*

I'd say that over half the people coming through the doors today are from outside of Toronto. Most Torontonians are too wimpy to go out in a blizzard for the museum. Tourists, on the other hand... Anyway, here is a list of the places some of the people have been from: Oman, Dubai, Sweden, South Africa, Korea, Australia.

Turning to other things, namely school, my schedule is rapidly filling up. I'm starting to double book my days now, especially now that I'm taking a ten week conversational French course every Tuesday night. Also, I've got a music lesson to attend on Monday afternoon. This is a very special Christmas present from my mother to me. For a long while, I've been mulling over the idea of taking up the recorder again and my mother dealt with the problem. It's only one lesson, but if it goes well, perhaps there will be others. I haven't played the instrument in fifteen years or so and, as you can well imagine, I'm very nervous !

I cannot believe how quickly the school year is passing, though. It seems like just a few weeks ago that I moved home at the start of September. Already, two weeks of school have rushed past. Unbelievable. I've accepted that I will have to (more than likely) delay my internship until the fall, but that's okay. I'll happily extend my life at Mom's. I love it ! I do, I do, I do !

Whaaaa ! I'm so peppy today !