Wednesday, January 21, 2004

I just typed a beautiful entry and with one well placed paw, Willi has destroyed it.

THANKS, Cat.

Let me begin again.

Well, I have done it, I have submitted my application and $65 processing fee (non-refundable) to OCAS so that in September I will hopefully be attending Sir Sanford Fleming's Museum Management and Curator programme. It will take one year of my life and is comprised of a large internship-placement and I probably should have done this a long time ago. I know my mother likes to remind me that she has been suggesting it since before I finished university. Now, for those who remember the early days of my weblog, when I was attending Seneca for computer animation, you'll remember that I did love it there. It was the only schooling experience that I ever enjoyed. Unfortunately, it cost a lot and did not deliver the goods (employment). In fact, with the exception of my enjoyment and the excitement I had during the course, it was pretty much a frivolity I should have avoided. At half the cost and three times the duration, the Fleming programme makes way more sense, not the least for my career path.

There is a down-side, of course, and in attending said programme, I would have to move to Peterborough. I don't think this would be as horrible as I once perceived it to be. For one, I would be able to pursue my hobbies: arts, horseback riding (I hear there's a horse of substantial size just crying out for my attention), nature, etc. Willi would be pleased with the arrangement, too, I think since she so enjoys it at my mother's. And of course, with my mother is where I would live. This is very good - I know lots of people who loathe the idea of going home again - but I do not. I love it at Mom's. And living rent-free is nice, too. Unfortunately, this will mean putting stuff into storage, yet again, and renting a truck, again, but it's all part of the experience, right? My plan would be to continue working part-time on the weekends at the ROM and then stay at Rick's or with A&C, if they'll have me. And, happily, people would also have the opportunity to come out and visit me in the Petes, something everyone seems to enjoy.

Anyway, there was a great deal more to the original post, but it's now quite late and I lack the eloquence to carry on, or the energy for that matter. Suffice it to say, I feel very positive about this, with the exception of spending $65, and I think this marks a very healthy turn for the better.