Saturday, December 06, 2003

The sky outside my room is very beautiful, or rather, was very beautiful for about two minutes, some fifteen minutes back. The cloud cover was an amazing cornflower blue with paler blue sky peaking through and there was a fading strip of salmon pink just above the roof-line. Rising over this salmon was a moon of sweet cream, a pale, pale yellow that slipped in and out of the clouds. Usually the eastern sky at sunset lacks for interest, but tonight it was quite lovely. I called Stew in to look at it but by the time he'd pulled on pants and come in, the moon had slipped away and the pink stream was diffusing. Now there is no hint of pink in the nearly dark bank of clouds and the moon has disappeared from view. It was a moment of sky magic.

I did not end up going to the ROM today. Instead, I suffered the fourth migraine in as many days. I think the cluster might be finished now as I haven't needed to take any pain-killer in several hours, but it's been a real pain - literally. None of the migraines have been severe, and with the exceptions of yesterday evening and eight o'clock this morning, Advil Migraine did a fair job of making them tolerable. Despite that, when you pile them up, they become very draining. So, obviously, I haven't gone out to either bake dough ornaments with Nicole, nor have I hung out with Rick, two things I was entertaining this time yesterday. This also means I don't exactly feel up to going out for Willi's cat food. She's out of kibble and while it's downhill to the Price Chopper from here, it's VERY uphill to come home.

Tomorrow, I have to go to the framing shop to have four pieces of work framed for the art show/contest at The Gathering of the Fellowship, which is rapidly drawing nigh. I don't think it's an art sale, per se, so I plan to post a sign with the pieces pointing people to Nicole's booth where I will be available to discuss sales and also have other non-competition art for purchase. I'm going to have all the frames built into standard sizes, with only the mattes varying. I don't know why I never thought of this before, but it was my Mom's suggestion and it means I'll be able to interchange the art with only new mattes being necessary. Run-on sentence, woo. It should be remarkably less expensive than getting them all individually framed, too.

In other news, both the CRAP party (that would be the Canadian Reform Alliance Party) and the federal Progressive Conservatives have voted to join together as a united right. The new name of the party will simply be the Conservative Party, and since the Alliance will be joining with the Tories, it's fitting that they drop the word 'Progressive' from the name. As most intelligent people know, there is NOTHING progressive about the Alliance. I am greatly disappointed by this. Aside from the obvious threat posed by the united right-wing parties, it means I'll have to vote pragmatically in coming elections simply to keep them from actually winning.