Tuesday, December 09, 2003

If it is not actively turning green and fuzzy, how do you know if yogurt is still okay? Technically, yogurt's already gone bad, right? I'm eating my cereal and yogurt and I happen to notice the lid. It seems it was best before five days ago. But, while there might be a slight change in flavour, I'm not sure I would have noticed had I not looked at the lid. It's not like milk where it's obviously chunky and stinky, this just smells... well, yogurty.

Last night, I went to Derek's place around the corner and after a brief dropping-in by his sort-of girlfriend, we watched something like three hours of Muppetty goodness. We started with one of my all-time favourite episodes: Harry Belafonte. We also watched John Cleese, Peter Sellers, Danny Kaye (my gosh that man was a nut), Carol Burnett, Edgar Bergen, and Gilda Radner (another personal favourite). I think there were a couple of others, but I can't recall off the top of my head. What kind of bowled us over was how many of the special guests have since died, not to mention Jim Henson, himself. I cried when Danny Kaye did his inchworm number with the Muppets... it's just so lovely. Derek made Stuff-In-A-Pot for dinner, which was MUCH better than the last time he tried cooking for me. In fact, this time I went back for hearty seconds !

I'm off to Peterborough for a night, but before I go, I am heading to Nick's place in order to print new cards. Exciting ! Ahead of me is a very busy week. It requires that I dip into the rent money, I'm afraid. *sigh* I am relying on being paid on Monday, so if I'm not, heads are going to roll. And I mean it.