Wednesday, December 03, 2003

I still haven't met our new downstairs neighbours, who also happen to be our landlords. They moved in over the weekend and the most I've seen was a woman shoveling the snow (sort of unecessary considering there was less than half an inch, but I guess she was keen) who said hi to me. Stew and I expected to have to pay them rent, but as of yet, the money hasn't moved from its place at the top of the stairs. Maybe they think we paid Arthur for November, our old landlord, or maybe the deposit given to Arthur has been transfered to the new owners, as I think it's supposed to have been, and they simply aren't planning to ask for money. We have no idea. We haven't heard from them.

What we do know is that they have terrible taste in decor. First they painted the entry foyer a sort of green that reminds me of an avacado with stomach flu, and then they put a plant stand in it. With hideous fake flowers on it, with fake drops of dew on the fake petals. Yeee. They also mounted some ghastly ceramic sconces and ornaments on the wall above the fake plant. These lovely pieces of art (this is sarcasm, by the way) are white and gold, I think, and in the shapes of putti (cherubs) and garlands. On top of that, a couple of them hold individual matching fake flowers. Good God. It's horrible.

Stew should be here shortly with Sierra. We're going to be painting dough ornaments tonight. I bought craft paint and sealer yesterday and I have some paint brushes we can use (since I forgot to pick up some new cheap ones) and there's a pile of ornaments ready to go. I shall put down some newspaper or something on the floor and we will each paint one side of the ornaments in whatever colours we want. It should be fun. I also have an advent calendar for Sierra so she should be in a good frame of mind.

Season = Winter
You're Most Like The Season Winter ...

You're often depicted as the cold, distant season.
But you're incredibly intelligent, mature and
Independant. You have an air of power around
you - and that can sometimes scare people off.
You're complex, and get hurt easily - so you
rarely let people in if you can help it. You
can be somewhat of a loner, but just as easily
you could be the leader of many. You Tend to be
negative, and hard to relate to, but you give
off a relaxed image despite being insecure -
and secretly many people long to be like you,
not knowing how deep the Winter season really
is.

Well done... You're the most inspirational of
seasons :)

?? Which Season Are You ??
brought to you by Quizilla