Friday, November 07, 2003

Holy crap am I busy ! If you see something swirling by you at a high speed, it might be me trying to have a social moment. I've done so many neat things this week that trying to fit them into a single post would be nearly impossible. I finally saw the classic silent film Nosferatu at the ROM last Friday in honour of Hallowe'en. I went with four of my ROM girls after we finished our shifts and then went for drinks after. It was a nice break, having the night off and all. Nosferatu was quite enjoyable, especially since it was accompanied by the Toronto Symphonietta and two soloists. Prior to that, I'd gone with Stew to Sierra's house to paint her face and turn her into a vampiress for trick-or-treating. That was enormous fun, though time sort of ran short at the end. Only a six year old (and some more zealous goths) would look at their reflection in a mirror and exclaim at the sight of their white face, dark, shadowed eye make-up, and 'blood' drenched lips, "Oh, I look bee-ooo-tiful !"

I got a couple days off in the Petes as well, which was very necessary as I was about to head into the busiest week of the year. It's the week before Election day and it has been unbelievably busy. Anyway, home cooking and big, deep bathtub aside, I had a very nice time visiting Mom. We saw Whale Rider at the Muse film festival showing on Sunday. Every year, there is one film that really stands out for me. Last year it was The Fast Runner, the year before that it was After Life. This year it is Whale Rider. It was amazing. It cannot be described beyond saying that it is a glorious retelling of an ancient Maori creation legend. GO. GO !!! You will not be disappointed.

Anyway, I have to work at the ROM tomorrow morning so I can't even begin to understand why I'm writing this, but I guess it gives me the moral high ground since I just left a smug comment in Tanya's log. Please don't expect to hear anything from me again until at least Tuesday, but probably more likely later next week than that. I will probably want to avoid the world for a few days once the election is over.