Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Wow, the best way to spend a day - ever ! Driving all the way across the fucking city to pick something up only to have the place you're going be closed when you get there. Did I mention it was through mid-day/early rush-hour traffic? Boy oh boy. Anyway, I was running an errand for the office and it turned out I wasn't late, no, the company just has been letting it's staff go early this week because of all the overtime they've been putting in. Crikey. I missed them by as little as seven minutes. I kid you not. I got the feeling that they were doing their impersonation of "the Flintstones" when the airhorn sounds, they dropped what they were doing, slid down their dinosaurs and went home.

Last night I had dinner with "Auntie" Karen. Initially planning to go for Middle Eastern food, we changed our minds and went to Tortilla Flats for some comforting and delicious texmex. We discussed many things, some related to work, some related to play, and some related to things utterly unrelated. It was good fun. Karen is a smart lady. Also, she is very funny and helps me to view situations from all sides, including the humourous.

When I got home, some hours later, as I did go into the Office for an hour or so following dinner, I proceded to use my time wisely by searching for jobs on the Internet and downloading, er I mean borrowing for a short time only before returning, lots of the music of the Muppets and Sesame Street. Nerd power ! I picked up some real classics, too, like "Doin' the Pigeon". In the end, I went to bed much later than I had anticipated because I was enjoying my new music collection to the fullest.