Thursday, October 16, 2003

I am sitting in the Camp office and honestly, I thought it had been several days since my last posting because my sleep schedule has been so weird over the last few days that my internal clock is all confused. Yesterday night was Super Secret Sign Ninja Adventure Night. I gave Stew no choice but to come along when I bounded up the stairs in order to pick up some clothing that was more appropriate to the evening's events. We put signs together and more signs and then we broke into crews and packed up various vehicles including Scarlette. I was put on crew (Team G-Force/Team Discovery Channel) with B----- and R----- and Stew. Our job, that we chose to accept, was to install signs throughout a specific area of the Ward. Rick, who also came for Sign Night (and we thought Hallowe'en was fun...), was put on a pedestrian team with Lauren, a very fun chick. Pedestrians were responsible for the small signs while vehicle crews were responsible for the massive signs that required long stakes to be hammered into the ground. There were three vehicles out and at least another couple foot teams and we got a few hundred signs posted for sure. I know that we did 45 large signs and slightly more little signs for David Miller who is running for mayor (and who is a very honest guy with tons of integrity *hint*).

It's terribly exciting to go out in the middle of the night (Midnight Madness, in fact) to pound signs into people's lawns. Having never done it before, I was not disappointed and actually had more fun than I already thought I would have. Stew had a lot more fun than he'd expected, too, and we were all quite hyper as we set out. By the end, people were getting punchy, threatening each other with power tools and finally getting quiet as the adventure drew to a close. The weather was not the best, being a bit drizzly at times and fairly chilly, but it was not enough to dampen our spirits. Also, it was great to see that we really out signed our rival, only seeing one crew posting for her. There were some minor injuries, including B------- smacking his head on Scarlette's trunk and cutting it open. I got to clean and dress his wound. How very dramatic.

Okay, that's enough of that. I have broken my rule of posting about campaign stuff, but it was just too much fun to skip. Lauren told me today that she had a blast walking around with Rick and thought he was a really cool guy (see? I'm not the only one who thinks so, Rick). They couldn't find a couple of streets and ended up circling the Cadbury factory something like three times. You should know how that puppy smells. Mmmmmm, good stuff. Anyway, it's time to finish up what I was doing before I started this.