Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Today, I have learned a valuable lesson. When brewing coffee in a stove-top coffee maker, and someone calls you and talks for some time so that the coffee boils off leaving only a thick, bubbling sludge... Adding water to that sludge will dilute it and make for you a drinkable cup of coffee. Who was this person that phoned? My sister, Gina. I wasn't about to kick her off the phone for a cup of coffee, though for an instant it did cross my mind. *wink*

So. Let's start with a summary of some of the events listed in my previous post.

Curd Cheese and Franco-Ontarians.
While Tracy was still doing work at the vet clinic in Embrun, she came up for the first weekend I was there. (She also came up when her work was completed, too, but that doesn't relate to this story.) She suggested that we go to the St. Albert Curd Cheese festival taking place in St. Albert, which was fairly close to my cottage and quite close to Embrun. Always up for an adventure, I agreed. And were we disappointed? Heck no ! Two dollars got us a plate full of cheese samples from the St. Albert Dairy, a bun, and grapes. A further two dollars bought me a glass of Pelee Island Winery Chardonay. There was a whole stage and seating set up beneath a massive tent where people watched as others sang karaoke (there were a few truly talented participants). We also got to watch a special costume play about the history of the Franco-Ontarians of the Ottawa Valley, which was a lot of fun. We finished off our day at the festival before the live band came on, but we had promised to be home for dinner. Snow-cones in hand, we went on our merry way.

Tracy won a game of Scrabble !
Holy crap, she did, she really did win. And no, she wasn't playing by herself, either. Never before has she beaten both myself and my mother at a game of Scrabble. Cards? Yes, of course at cards, she's an evil card sharp, she is, but Scrabble? Unbelievable. Naturally, this situation was rectified in other games, especially the final night where Mom trounced myself by eighty points and Tracy by that and a further thirty. Brutal. Anyway, I got my own back at a game of Wizard, too, when I apparently tapped into Tracy's victory-magic causing her to lose horribly while I won amazingly, and without ever pulling a wizard from the deck ! Haha.

Okay, I have some calls to make so I suppose I'll leave further updates on my adventures in Quebec for another time. First on my list is to call Tracy as today it's her birthday. Happy Birthday, Tracy !