Monday, August 04, 2003

Test Results
You think of yourself as being hot, strong, beautiful, and alive.
Others think of you as being independent, funny, weird, and snuggly.
Your relationships can be described as surprising, refreshing, dark, and invigourating.
When stressed, you feel trapped.
Take this test here.

Well, another year has passed since the last Realms of Despair Reunion. It's amazing that RoD has been around for nine years and it seems really incredible to me that I've been a part of its broad community for something like five years now. And to think that some 'geeky' text-based role-playing game has expanded my social life, and life in general, the way it has is almost mind-boggling. Think about it. After the original Depeche Mode dot com chatbox, this is where my oldest online friends met me. Certainly, it's where Rick and I met (though we didn't have one of those mildly creepy internet relationships). I have met many wonderful people in real life at these reunions, have visited them abroad, attended their weddings... I mean, really, it's pretty amazing, especially when you consider that I only really got online a year and a half before I started playing. Heck, it even upped my typing time from something like 35wpm to 65wpm AND taught me how to type without looking at the keyboard ! That's no small feat.

Anyway, this year I got to know a couple other people better than I had before and that's a good thing. It was fun, though there were some downers to it, namely our traditional pub seems to have become a bump-n-grind meat market. That, and the very inclemant weather. More details to come, but I'm going to join Rick (who caught himself a cold and is now knocked out on medication) in bed.