Tuesday, August 12, 2003

I'm leaving for my cottage in about an hour's time, I think. I probably shouldn't even be writing as there's much to do, but I felt a bit of explanation as to my future absense might be required.

Okay, I'd like to say I am sorry to the woman who paints on feathers because I offended her. You see, I don't like painted feathers. I don't like that they sell well whereas other artists working on board and canvas that create intellectually demanding work do not. And I'm not just talking about me. I'm talking about a whole lot of amazing artists (especially at Philcon) that don't sell when painted feathers do. Anyway, so I offended her. I'm not going to appologise for disliking her work, or for my opinions - this is my weblog, afterall. She is an able artist with talent, and just like how I dislike Renoir because he sold out and painted big-eyed girls and puppies when he could have been so much more, I don't like the feathers. Anyway, artists need to develop thicker skins because art is subjective. So, as for the feather painter, her name is Theresa Mather and she got her start in the awesome field of carousel figure painting. That's cool. You can check out her webpage here. Also, here's an example (one of her better pieces, I think, though again, I wish it were on canvas) of her work.

Anyway, I'm going to go now. Don't get into trouble while I'm gone. Or do, if it's worth it. :)