Friday, July 18, 2003

SQUEE ! Rick bought me Paper Monsters, Dave Gahan's album and it came with a dvd, too, full of video goodness ! SQUEE-HEE-HEE !!! Thank you, Rick !!!! The album's pretty good, too. It's a little bluesy, a little rocky, but definitely not Depeche Mode. Anyway, I like it.

Currently, Willi is walking around yelling at me. Over by the screen door: MEOW. Behind me, on my shelf: Meow? On my lap: Meow. Across the room: MEOW !!! Holy goodness. You would think she's in desperate pain, but, she's not. She's just being her usual self. There's been a lot more usual self rather than neurotic self in the last while. Hooray. Of course, now all hell will break loose, you watch. Anyway, I woke up this morning to find her curled around my head on my pillow. No wonder I was warm ! She was like a vibrating, fur hat.

I've got a page devoted to Prints and Commissions on my portfolio site. Check it out.

So, I didn't see Mars. It seems my viewing from the house was utterly thwarted by the direction in which I was meant to look and since I was groggy, I just couldn't make the extra effort to go out into the street or yard. I know, I suck. Anyway, I don't feel too bad as I've managed to get out and see most nifty celestial events over the last eight years... eclipses, conjunctions, meteors, comets, I think I saw the space station doing its thing, once, but I don't know for sure. I wish my telescope hadn't been sucky. Oh well, one day, when I have the money, I'll get a decent one. I still feel bad about it, but, it is a lesson in doing product research before making purchases, I guess.

I'm still waiting on various things to come together for all this work I'm supposed to be doing. Okay, to be fair, I am doing some procrastinating, but what can you do? This is who I am, and I want to know exactly what I'm supposed to be doing and, at the moment, I'm confused...

(20 minutes later)

...Okay, I just got off the phone with Booboo and I'm still confused, but at least we're all confused together. Sheesh. Like that's consolation.

Today, I went over to Derek's house and played my first game of Hackmaster. It's based on the AD&D system of roleplay, so I had to return to the old THAC0 system and after about twenty minutes of actual gaming, it all came back. I never thought it would, but it did, along with all the very confusing math. I'm taking an even bigger departure from my normal characters than Mumbee is. I'm playing a female dwarven battlemage who is so ugly that people go out of their way to avoid her. God, she's hideous. I drew her tonight, on my character sheet and ... *shudders* She has a goatee and mutton chops, wears a beret, a toga with ill-fitting embroidered robes over that, and a vest that she can't quite close. She goes barefoot, her clothes are filthy and she does not bathe. She is VILE. There is an additional statistic in Hackmaster, Comliness (physical beauty, whereas charisma is personality based). Her COM stat, when all modifiers are applied, is ONE. Yes, 1. Her charisma is only slightly better at 5 when all modifiers are applied. All fear me, Glumbel, the hideous dwarven mage !

Feel like killing a little time? I definitely recommend this link passed on by my gal, MegsInPhilly. If you feel like reading something disgusting, or are interested in how much food is in processed foods, try this one about Swanson's Hungry Man breakfast. But, you are warned that it is gross and uses photographic evidence.