Tuesday, July 15, 2003

I've got a headache, again, for a change. I've had a headache for the last five out of seven days. Maybe I'm not drinking enough water - dehydration does cause headaches, afterall, and it could explain my lingering lethargy. I've got this work to do for Booboo, but so far, I'm having a lot of trouble actually getting down and doing it. It's not particularly difficult, but it is bothersome. It requires moderate effort and I just can't bring myself to Get It Done. Also, it's pretty muggy today. It's not actually that hot, but the humidity is vile. The forecasters are predicting thunderstorms for later today, which explains everything. Come on, thunder !

My cat is hiding. I can't find her anywhere so I suspect she's in Stew's closet, or something. I'd hoped she was in her kitty condo, but she avoids it completely. Maybe I'll move it into my room. I had to put a litter box in my room, something I really hadn't wanted to do, but I am sick and tired of having to clean up my chair. The box is beneath it and she is using it. Yesterday, Tobe came into my room, got into the litter and ... lay down. Hello? Litter boxes are for pooping, not for sleeping. Cats = weird.

On a sad note, a family friend is dying. I don't think I've written about this yet, because I don't really like to think about it, and because for a while it looked like things were getting better. My mother's very good friend, in New York, has a son who is about ten years older than me. My mother was instrumental in the raising of this boy. Now, he is in hospital, very sick with AIDS. On Sunday night, Mom talked to me about it and I could hear the sorrow in her voice. My mother wants very badly to go to New York to act as support for her friend and to see his son before it is too late. It is a great injustice that someone so bright, kind and so vital is being stolen by this god-awful disease, when others live for years and years without HIV ever becoming active. I will, of course, go with her to New York, when she figures out how to orchestrate it. It is a trip I cannot look forward to, whenever it occurs, and I wish it were for happier reasons.

In the mean time, I am going on as usual and planning to head up to my cottage again next week for five or six days. I look forward to it and the blueberries that I know are ripening on the bushes. Of course, all plans are subject to change.