Friday, July 18, 2003

I'm at Nick's house right now. He is currently making his awesome carbonara that is full of greasy, delicious BACON. Nummy. "Mmman, bacon makes my hands all fatty," says Nick.

We saw Pirates of the Caribbean today at my almost favourite theatre, the Uptown, which, I suppose when it was built, it was still a lot more uptown than it is now - Anyway. We went for a matinee and that meant it was pretty unfull so we got to sit in the seats with the rail in front, which is good for resting feet. I am distracted, because this is what Nick does to me, but I'm trying to say that the movie was KICK ASS FUN ! Okay, Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, swords, fancy costumes, and a great leading lady equals a lot of fun ! Oh, and dead pirates, too. And there's a monkey. And effects that didn't make me cringe. And you know? I expected it to be mindless entertainment and it did not disappoint. It was mindless, yes, but utterly entertaining and it held me enthrall for its duration. Not once did I even think to check my watch. I smiled almost all the way through it, too. It was great ! Go see it !