Thursday, May 15, 2003

The volunteers are here at the ROM today. So far, they haven't mentioned the Second World Wa- wait, does discussing The Pianist at length count? Well, SARS, the dollar, mayoral candidates have been done to death and they're not done yet. Beyond that, one of them is wearing so strong a perfume that I can smell it over top that which I'm wearing. I'm thinking that I should put on my earphones.

Tuesday night was informal meeting night at the Black Horse pub and lots of people came out, including a girl with whom I went to highschool and we had a number of friends in common. I also got to meet Olivia Chow, who came out, and she's delightful. She's very funny and, though I'd never say this in ear shot for fear of being smacked down, cute. Jack Layton is a lucky man. It was an evening of political discussion and debate, and when that got tiresome, I pulled out the amazing fifteen dollar shoes (marked down from $30 !) that I bought on my way there from the ROM. Brendan said, when I showed them to him, "Hey, those are nice. They're such girl shoes !" My answer: "Brendan, I -am- a girl." Sometimes I just have to wonder at the things men say.

I had a bit of bad sour cream at the pub, I think, because when I got home around midnight, my stomach started to tie itself in knots and cramp up in that special way that screams something isn't agreeing. I filled a plastic water bottle with very hot water and held that on my stomach for most of the night and that eased the cramping. Interestingly, the bottle was still warm at least four hours later. I ate very lightly yesterday as my stomach was still very sore, heating up some of the chicken stew that Stew made the day prior. That was tasty and full of good things that were easily digested.

The Matrix Reloaded opens today, but I'm not going. I'm not sure when I'll go, but probably not this weekend. I was going to attend Anime North on Saturday before D&D, but now I have to have a design meeting with the communication people, instead. I don't mind, I guess, as attending the convention was rather last minute, anyway. Obviously, the Development Plan is way more important than seeing boys dressed as Sailor Scouts, though arguably less fun. Anyway, I guess the movie can wait. I never did see the original movie in theatres on its first run, so if I see this one when my tax refund comes, so be it.