Sunday, May 25, 2003

There is a serious downside to working from home. Don't get me wrong, being able to work in your pjs is great, and being able to wander into another room to watch television is also pretty sweet, but stepping into your room and staring at your computer takes on a whole new meaning. No longer is it a vehicle of mindless time wasting and internet surfing, or of creative writing, or other fun things; when you work from home, your computer becomes a ball and chain. Hello, it says every time you look at it, there is work you should be doing. At least when you go to an office, you can leave that office. When your home is your office, especially your bedroom, it kind of sucks.

When did Blur become retro? I hate that music I still consider recent has made the ten-year mark and can now officially be played on retro night. Oh well, just another symptom of that irritating time thing. That same thing that says I should be on my way to BEING SOMEONE at this time in my life. That same thing that tells people they're too old to do stuff, whatever that means. FUCK YOU, THING, and that pocket watch you rode in on.

No particular kitty stories tonight. Things have been relatively quiet, with a brief exception last night, when a fight caused me to wake up, sit bolt upright, thrust out my hand, and holler, "Company car !" ...

Okay, I typed too soon. Tobe was just being bad, sneaking up on Willi while the latter was nesting on my bed. At least I can say one thing for Tobe, all this exercise is causing her to lose weight, and just when she's started answering to Pork Chop.

And now, because working at home also means 'procrastinating', here are some results from some web quizzes that I took. Wot wot.




Jolly good, wot! Anyone for tennis? That'll be ten ponies, guv. You're the epitome of everything that is english. Yey :) Hoist that Union Jack!

How British are you?

this quiz was made by alanna



From a question in the kitten quiz: "A normal day for you consists of.... Eating food, eating plastic, eating hair, caughing it back up, eating lint, eating my owners hair... " I've known a few cats, nevermind kittens, like that... Willi? Pepper? Newman (bless his little soul)?
IAmAGiantMutantKitten
I am a giant mutant kitten. Not strange at all.


Which cute or possibly strange kitten are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Anyone else notice that the corner chair in that kitten picture is turned the wrong way for decent sitting? AND not in a proper corner? No, octagonal rooms don't count. Hmm.

The Chubby kitten is the cutest, though. You can view it's adorableness at Ben's weblog (friend in Philly).

Also, apparently emode.com believes that my popstar style would be "Loud 'n Proud". Well, I guess they got that dead on. Okay. Now it's time for bed. And, for the record, Pork Chop just jumped on Willi while she was having a poop, and I had to shut her in Stew's room. Now I'm bleeding and the neighbours downstairs think I torture animals.