Friday, April 11, 2003

Guess how I just spent my last hour and a half. Nope. Nuh-uh.

I just organised my receipts, etc. for tax time. Oh, the joy of it all. Mom will be pleased to discover everything coming in a folder box, rather than in a plastic bag, unsorted, as in previous years. Of course, it's a little confusing since the folders came pre-labled and for the most part none of my entries corresponds to them.

Anyway, I got a phonecall yesterday from one of the companies that I applied to last week. I tried to return the call today, but had to leave a message. I'll give another try in a bit. It's for a design job at an animation/design studio here in Toronto, and it looks, potentially, very exciting. In other work news, I spoke to B______. He wanted to know if I was still willing to be part of the team, with new work coming in the near future, even though there was a good chance that they wouldn't be able to actually pay me. I'm committed to them and his campaign. It's damn good work and experience for me. I also know, first hand, that the campaign has no money. They can pay me when they can pay me, but for this stuff coming up, chances are, it would be pro-bono. I told him that the answer was yes, I would still do the work, or as much as I could without cutting into any paying work that comes my way. He was good with that, and frankly, I'm good with it, too. The people involved in this campaign are all working for free, pretty much with the exception of one or two people in the same boat as me, and these people are all very well connected. There is no way I would risk future paying work by being a snot now. Besides, did I mention? I like them and enjoy the work.