Friday, February 21, 2003

Whoops, I seem to have forgotten to publish yesterday's entry. Oh well. I've published it now. Rick was over last night. He made a delicious fish dinner for me with a lovely veggie combination that was reminiscent of chili ingredients, but without the chili beans (corn, onion, red pepper, etc.). So tasty. It was done in white wine and ... well, gosh, it was good. We watched CSI and then to my delight, we watched Army of Darkness ! I hadn't seen that since ... well, probably about eight or nine years ago, and while it's not as funny as I remembered it having been, it was still wonderful. Thanks for a nice night, Rick.

While I was processing some e-sales earlier today, I came across a new member with three children. Now, this in itself is not interesting, even with them listed on the sale (not required). However, it seems their names are: Oran, Doran, and Dorian.

Oran, Doran, and Dorian? Holy crap. If they're triplets, it's only that much worse.

My day started with a bizarre incident. I was waiting (for a long time) at the bus stop, awaiting the Dufferin bus, when this fellow got to the newspaper stand outside the corner store, where the bus stop is located, and grabbed up the copy of the Toronto Sun that I was glancing at. Now the Sun is not what one might call a high class or thought-provoking newspaper, but a headline is a headline and I'll read it while waiting for a bus. The man yanks the front page off and turns the paper over in order to see page three, which is now the cover page, and therefore revealing the 'sunshine girl'. He lets the cover page fall to the ground and sets the paper up back in its stand, sunshine girl in her yellow bikini showing off for the world to see. He nods, grunts and walks off. I watched him head down the street, expecting to see him look back for my reaction, but he didn't. I shared a look with the other woman at the bus stop, both of us with our eyebrows raised, and she and I proceded to pick the cover up and reapply it to the newspaper and set it down properly in the stand. "That was weird," she said. I agreed. There sure are some strange folks in my neighbourhood.