Friday, February 07, 2003

I take one day off from work and something goes wrong. Figures, doesn't it? Yesterday, I decided that I would not do work. I would not do ANY work. I went to Sandra's for my dress fitting, which went well, except that I've expanded through the chest somewhat (damn back-fat), and stayed for tea and a social call. I left bearing pieces of art that John had collected for me from Lynn Robinson Gallery before it closed. I've never been much of a fan of a lot of her work, but I like the fantasy head thing he gave me and the other piece was a mazuzzah (sp?). It's hard to turn down a mazuzzah - after all, as a gift, it's a very special sort of blessing. So, I guess I'd better dig around for the prayer that should be set within it and mount it on my door frame.

Following that pleasant visit, I came home long enough to check my phone messages and make a couple of quick calls before heading off to Becca's house. I've never been to her appartment. It's a bachelor, but it's a really nice one. Though not big, it's quite comfortable with a nice big window and well appointed bathroom and kitchen. She's got a great design flare and her place looks great, except for the cat hair on everything. She has two black cats that shed like crazy, Yum-Yum and Finigan. Apparently Finney doesn't bond with strangers, but within a couple of hours, he had made my lap a second home. Becca was impressed. I had a nice time with her. We don't see much of each other but we're trying to fix that. She really wants me to move into her building so that we can be neighbours and hang out together - not live together, mind you, we've already tried that.

So, while I was ignoring the world of work, the world of work was getting irritated. Today, I got an email from my liason in Montreal for the printhouse/platemaker that Adam's newsletter went to. The images weren't clear enough. No kidding. Well, they'll have to deal - they're as clear as they're gonna get. And I should have included the fonts that I used. Okay, fair enough. Chalk that up to limited experience with printers - Kinkos doesn't count. *laugh* So, the first thing I get to do tonight - rather than attend Matt Lenner's going away party (an old friend from university who is going to teach English in Japan), I'll get to go home and DO WORK. Ask me if I'm thrilled. No, don't.

This weekend, I'll be heading to the Petes tomorrow afternoon with Stinky and Rick. He and I are going to the PSO and then to a Jack and Jill in honour of Al and Carrie. On Sunday, I'm off to a shower - what am I supposed to bring? I'll bring food. I can't afford gifties. That's the problem with showers. Why can't you just give presents when they actually GET married? Anyway, Carrie knows I love her. I love you, Carrie ! Rick will stay out until Monday morning when he'll take the bus back to TO for work. I'm staying out until Wednesday night. Why? Because I can. Besides, since I'm not going to get paid until this coming week, I won't have the money to be in Toronto feeding myself. I have enough money to gas up my car tomorrow, that's it.

Is it bad to want to write stories all day at work?