Wednesday, October 09, 2002

This is going to be my last post for a little while as I'm heading to the Petes tonight and tomorrow, Mom and I will be heading to the cottage. I'm pretty excited about going; autumn is a good time up there. I can already smell the wood smoke and hear the rustle of drying leaves. The colours probably won't be terribly vibrant as they are practically nonexistant here in the city. It's just been such a lousy fall for colour. At least it's gotten cooler, though they're calling for temperatures in the low 20s later this week. Yeesh.

There's a union party at the Bedford Academy this evening, so I'm going for a bit. We'll be celebrating our new union executives and the achievement of two decent contracts. Rick will meet me here at the museum and we'll walk over. There will be finger foods and one free drink, which I'll let Rick have, and then, after I congratulate Ceceil on being re-elected as the president, I'm going to head home to pack. Derek is coming over, too, in order to pick up keys and to see how to feed Willi while Nick and I are absent. I think Willi'll be in good hands with him. He's a good egg.

I've handed over my work on the ICC page to Brett, the ROM's amazingly patient and pleasant webmaster. We made a couple more changes to it today, sitting in his office. All in all, it's not been a terribly arduous project, and I've enjoyed it quite a bit. I learned new things, and offered good suggestions, some of which were implemented, and I think it's ben a really good experience. I hope to be doing more of such work for the ROM in the future. Go me !

Anyway, back to work I go. I have plenty of stuff here that needs doing before I take off. I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving long-weekend. See you when I get back !