Wednesday, October 23, 2002

Natasha's hard drive has blown. This is very bad. Very, very bad; no idea if it's recoverable. I almost went into appoplectic shock today when discussing what this could mean with my computer savvy boss. Strangely, when it happened, I was completely calm. I just shut it down and it restarted with this weird message: Boot Failure Insert Boot Disk and Press Enter. Or something to that effect. I just turned her off and then expected all to be well the following day. Sadly, this was not to be. I've now called Techknight and hopefully he'll be able to work a miracle. There are at least seven years worth of documents saved in her brain and several of them I desperately do not wish to lose. :(

Today, at work, I'm running a list. I'm checking it twice. I'm finding out who's been naughty or nice. And I can assure you that I'm ready for a stiff drink. This is hell. Calvin and I have both been working on this list of ROM volunteers trying to match them to memberships (a prerequisite to volunteering), only we seem not to be able to standardise our search techniques. I've been through this list of hundreds twice already, Calvin at least that many times, maybe more, and guess what we'll be doing together this afternoon? Yep. All over again. Feel my joy.

I'm off to Peterborough tonight, with Willi, in order to have my car worked on tomorrow. I'll take the Greyhound back to Toronto (leaving Willi with Mom) tomorrow morning in order to get to work on time. Yay? No. Anyway, on Friday night, I'll head back out to the Petes for the weekend. I will be attending the Pink Ribbon Ball in support of breast cancer research. So, I guess I will have to haunt the corn maze next year. Anyway, this will be more back and forth to Peterborough in a week than I've done since I moved out of residence at the end of my second year.