Saturday, August 31, 2002

Right, well, it looks like it's going to be another beautiful day, sunny, warm and not too humid. This is good for me since I'm going with Carrie to visit some bridal shops to look for bridesmaid type dresses. I'm still all for using Sandra of Heretic to make the actual gown, but we'll see.

Last night, Carrie and I went down to the Dome where we met Rick and Al for the ball game. A&C had won four free tickets to see the Jays play the Yankees. Happily, the players' strike was averted and the game played on. It was an excellent game, despite the fact that the Jays lost. Not really a big surprise, though we did whomp the Yanks the night before. It looked like it was going to be carnage after the Yanks had leapt into a rather pronounced lead within the first inning, but steadily, the Jays caught up. It ended up being really exciting with the final score being 9-7. I haven't been to a ball game in at least four years, so this, with the excellent seats not far past third base, nine rows up from the front, we all had a really good time. Carrie and I also looked adorable in our animal ears, which I'd bought at the zoo earlier that day, she in koala ears and me in white tiger ears.

And, indeed I was at the zoo. I met Gwyn, from RoD, for the first time and we had a great time. Gwyn is a very nice person with a good sense of humour and an incredibly cool wheelchair. In about four hours we did most of the zoo, skipping over the African Savana and the Canadian Wilderness. A lot of the animals were asleep, but some favourites like the elephants and rhinoseri (dictionary.com has the plural as being rhinoseroses, which is INCORRECT, stupid Americans killing classical language), the giant octopus, the clouded leopard who insisted on sleeping between the big water pipe and ceiling rather than its tree, and the otters. Always the otters. They always look like they're having a lot of fun. I'd be happy to be an otter, frankly. Anyway, it was a good time and the weather was great. The butterflies in the indomalaya woodland pavillion were out in the sunshine flitting through the trees like something out of a children's book, like art-nouveau book illustrations come to life. Simply beautiful.

Tonight we're playing D&D at Ryan's which will be a nice tight squeeze in his tiny appartment, but he insists on us playing there and we're humouring him, I guess. Tomorrow, I think we're going to do a small scale belated birthday dinner for me, and Rick would really like it if we went to Whisky Saigon for retro night, and maybe we will. I don't know. Maybe I've grown out of clubbing but I just can't bring myself to find this as something I want to do. I plan to work on my web stuff tomorrow and Monday, too, though on Monday I'm going to drop by Derek's new place (which is practically around the corner) and hang out for a bit. I really want to get web stuff done. I've been meaning to work on Ray's page for ages. Anyway, I'm feeling kind of sulky for no apparent reason, so I'll go before this gets me down.