Wednesday, July 24, 2002

Well, damn. This new look blows. I'll maybe play with a new one at some other time. *sigh* Oh well.

Tonight, a bunch of us (Rick, myself, Carrie, Al, and possibly some others) will be seeing A Midsummer's Night Dream in High Park. I go every summer, just about, and this is the signature play. Every few years they do a new version of it. And it never sucks. Unlike this template. Gah. Anyway, a bit of a digression.

I found out today that I did not get the Online Interactive Producer position in New Media, despite rocking out the interview. My disapointment is enormous, though I knew I wouldn't get it. Just as I suspected, my weakness was a lack of web publishing skills. I guess my own sites don't count. However, the manager in the department asked the human resources woman to let me know that another position will be opening. It's an admin assistant job, a one year contract. I don't want to be an admin assistant. But, if it will pay me more than data entry, watch me be keen. It's a foot in the door, too. Come September, my job search begins anew, hardcore, with applications to all the game and film companies under the sun. I kid you not. But, for now, I'll just enjoy the time I have at my cottage and get stuff done for the convention. Cards. Must get cards done.

Anyway, that's enough for now.