Tuesday, June 04, 2002

It's been a while since I last wrote anything, and you can chalk it up to my having other things to do. I packed up Willi on Thursday night and took her out to Mom's. I only came back late last night, and with one notable exception, the whole weekend was great.

Nothing remarkable happened on Thursday at the store, except that the Hare Krishna sang and danced their way up and down Queen St to the happy accompaniment of drums and tambours, etc. The drive out to Mom's was uneventful, but Willi was less than pleased.

Friday - a trip to the doctor (Dr. Flynn is back so no more of that nasty Dr. Knight - Yay !). Following that, I think I did some stuff. Not much, but I bet it was fun. Oh, right, there was much chatting in the hairdresser while Mom got her top cropped, but all in all, I was pretty antisocial.

Saturday was a little more interesting. Or at least active. I took out my bike and cleaned it up after most of a year gathering dust. I pumped up its tires and took it out for a ride. I didn't go very far, just up the rotary trail and along Armour Road, which worked out to about half an hour. Considering the horrible shape I'm in, that was enough ! I also cleaned Scarlette's windshields and applied my Sith Academy cling. She looks fancy now.

Naturally, when I was at my stinky, smelly best, Ryan turned up in my yard with my miniatures and paints... and with Colleen ! So, she saw me at my least attractive, but she handled it well, not that I gave her a choice when I hugged her. Hah ! She's tall ! And buxom ! Were we to wrestle, there'd be no easy winner. Ray came to supper that night, and we had delicious steaks and asparagus and lemon merangue pie. Yum, yum, yum. We watched "Midnight Cowboy" starring Dustin Hoffman and John Voight, and boy, are they ever young in it. The movie stands up very well over time, hardly dated at all. I also got to play on the MUD where I, playing my High Priestess, got to sacrifice Kharis ! It was gorey and everything, but such fun, though I'll miss Kharis, who is one of my favourite characters.

Sunday was another unstressful day. I spent a couple hours by Little Lake enjoying coffee and doughnuts with Adam (Tanya's ex), and we talked about the things that ail us. He seemed a little concerned over how things had been left with Tanya, but, well, somethings happen to us, and somethings we make happen. He knows which one is him. Mom and Ray came with me to see AotC (my third viewing), and that was bad. It seems, Mom prefered the incessant babble of Jar-Jar and terrible acting in Ep. I to the better acting and more violent Ep. II. Oh well, so that kind of sucked, but whatever. Prior to the movie, we went to Ray's studio to check out his new art, or more to the point, the manner in which he'd put it up and holy crap, was it ever amazing... and powerful.

Yesterday was another non-day, though laundry happened and was packed up, and Mom brought a fancy folding table for my appartment, and new pillows. My head thanks her. I also got some miniatures painted, which was a lovely way to kill the rest of my weekend. I so enjoyed it. I left the Petes super late, and tossed Ryan's keys, which he'd forgotten at his parents' house, through his mail slot (I'm a dutiful friend), and bundled Willi and all my shite up the stairs of my place.

I covered the couch in the living room with the cleaned wall-hanging that used to be in Justin's room, and put the pillows in their shams, and it looks excellent. I made up my bed and promptly fell into it. Willi joining me soon enough. Oh, and Nick came home a few minutes after me, and showed me things on Fee5 that looked cool, but I was so tired that I could not rightly absorb his talkings-at-me.

Today was a ROM day, and believe me when I say that my alarm was a VERY rude awakening. Uhg ! Stacey spent lots of time training me to do things, and finally, when it was all over, things didn't work so well, which are best left to tomorrow. And now, it's best that I left, too.