Saturday, April 06, 2002

Well, goodness, but my fans have been vocal about my lack of updates. While I don't necessarily feel I -must- explain, I will. It's pretty simple. Until today, we had no Internet connexion at the house. So, my last, lame entry from Tuesday was a sorry excuse to tide people over the course of four days.

I ran lots of errands on my day off (Wednesday), which while not entirely relaxing, did serve to get many things out of the way. In fact, I even made it to the US Consulate for a social security number. There was much security, and they even took my phone for the duration of my stay within the building, but they were all extremely nice and even humourous. They liked me. :) I'm such a polite and personable young woman. Apparently. I bought more fabric in order to cover Rick's masque, and I got money from the bank (so exciting, I know). I met Rick at Moores (the suit people) and I helped him pick out a suit, though my aid was practically unnecessary thanks to the excellent salesman that was helping him. I did, however; encourage him to buy a new pair of dress shoes, since his old ones did not fit him properly at all.

Rick took me out to dinner, which was very nice, and we went to our favourite sushi place, Tokyo Sushi on Bloor just west of Spadina. Everyone should go there, it's great ! Also, the waitresses are adorably sweet. We got to sit in one of the closed-off booths where they sit parties and such - quite fun ! Dinner was, of course, delicious. It gave me a bit of time to talk to Rick in a way that helped my state of mind significantly. Part of my depression has been related to my feeling of stasis. I know I need to get away, to make something of myself, to take some risks, but there are a lot of things holding me back; namely, Mom, friends, and Rick. It's hard to pick up and leave the ones you love and I've been putting it off for so long. Now, though, I've got a social security number coming to me, sometime in the next couple of months, which was my first obstacle in avoiding my future. It was strangely comforting to talk to Rick about these fears. Whatever happens, will happen, and we will do what must be done.

Speaking of getting away, my trip to Philly is a GO ! I have my tickets so it really must be happening. I'll be leaving at 12:30pm on the Greyhound and I'll be arriving around 4am the following day. Oh groan, but what can you do? This is what I must do in order to see BROM on Monday at the Franklin Mint Museum. Megan will meet me in the morning (she's threatening to come in her peejays) and together we shall break our fasts, probably in some divey all-night diner or something. Fun ! Some time later, I'll turn up on the doorstep of Ben's and we'll head for the museum. I'll probably change my clothes between the doorstep and the exhibition, mind you, because there is nothing attractive, or even remotely presentable, about walking around in clothes you slept on a bus in. Uhg. Other highlights will be seeing Anthony as well as visiting the Philly Art Museum again, and going to the Museum of Archaeology. By the way, Anthony is responsible for the fantastic look and art of Unreal 2.

Tomorrow is Sandra and John's masquerade wedding, and tonight, officially, the masques are complete ! Nick took some pictures of the mostly completed masques, and then of the finished pieces modeled by yours truly, and without tooting my own horn too hard, they are FANCY. Nicole lent me her long black gloves, which wouldn't fit except that she cut the ends off the digits. Afterall, she's as long fingered and large handed as I am. Actually, the effect of having the fingers cut off at the halfway mark gives the feeling of talons, which is completely appropriate since I'm going as a black dragon. It's going to be fun. I hope. *bounce*

Anyway, my room is a mess and I smell like a man. A big, fat man, who's sat in the sun for three hours after doing heavy labour. I stink ! Time for a shower, and then maybe I'll get some basic things together in my room for tomorrow. Oh, and don't forget that the clocks go FORWARD at 2am Sunday morning.