Tuesday, April 30, 2002

***Okay, this is what I could not post YESTERDAY***


Last night was the Nick Cave concert. I was so excited ! Of course,I'd bought the pair of tickets for Rick as an anniversary present and after waiting for three months, I was finally going to see Nick Cave. I made myself so pretty - silver and black tank with my bondage pants, make-up done to perfection. Rick would meet me at the store and we'd get dinner before heading to the Kool Haus (the stupid rename of the Warehouse).

Unfortunately, this was not going to work as planned. I got to work and, despite a crappy day outside, everything was fine. Until the migraine set in. Ya. Migraine. I took one med and phoned Sandra to let her know what was up. She told me that if it got worse, I was free to close early, since there were few people braving what had turned into thunder storms.

It got worse.

I left work and from the store door to the alley behind the store where my car was parked, I got thoroughly soaked. And even with the more powerful second medication in my system, my head only got worse. Had I been able to sleep when I got home, I would have been able to attend the concert, but around 4:30pm I had to phone Rick. No, I'd not been able to sleep. No, the migraine was far from getting better. No, I'd not be able to go. I cried on the phone.

Several hours later, after an hour of dry-heaves and fitful sleep at best, I finally fell into a deep sleep that cleared my head. Sadly, I woke up at midnight, around the time the show was ending, without the pain. I was extremely disappointed. So much so, that when I phoned Rick to see how it was, I told him I didn't want details, and then I started to cry again.

It was a bad end to what had been a wonderful weekend. Friday night was a super D&D session with Al & Carrie, myself and Rick, and Ryan at the helm. It was a lot of fun, and very roleplay intensive. Al and Rick's characters stuck to the strategy, while Carrie and I held to our rp guns. Carrie and I were passing notes and at one point she passed the note back to me and in it was written: "Want to be a bridesmaid?" I said that I would be honoured, and then I had to try not to cry. I was greatly touched. THANKS CARRIE !

Saturday, I worked at Heretic, then went to Derek's house for dinner and movie fun. We watched "Shaolin Soccer" (sp?) which was hysterical, and LOTS of Muppets ! It seems he bought the several-dvd set of Time Life Video "Muppet Show" episodes. Some high points were the Peter Sellers episode and the Marty Feldman episode, both which were classically ridiculous and on-the-floor-laughingly funny. It's weird, because I told Derek that night, "tomorrow, I'll probably have a migraine." I hate it when I'm right about things like that. Anyway, it was good fun at his house, and the Thai food was great.

Today, at the ROM, the branch took out Sara for her goodbye lunch. We managed to cram thirteen people around a table that had been set for ten. It was fun, since it's been forever that all of Membership has done anything together (not including the site-sellers, who never get included anymore). I'm really full. Yummy fried noodles.