Monday, April 01, 2002

I was so sure that I'd have lots of time to be on then 'net and whathaveyou, and I'd get on the MUD, and I'd do all these things... and then I hardly had time for it at all. Gadzooks. I've been keeping a bit busier than I'd thought I would, and I've accomplished less than I'd hoped. Heh, no real surprise there. There are just so many other good things that I can be doing with my time, you know?

For instance, there was the fruitless search for evening gloves with Carrie on Saturday. We trouped all over the place, including to the best second-hand store in the city, to no avail. There were plenty of cool things, but no gloves. At least, none that fit my gigantor hands. Apparently hair attachments and things are in fashion. It was a bit repulsive heading into an accessories store to find a wall of hair. Ew. On a different note, we did walk past Chris' store, Eyeball Soup, and read his special closed sign: We are closed for Good Friday, Excellent Saturday, and Ultimate Sunday. Very cute, Chris, we love you.

Another thing that was not as successful as it ought to have been, was working on my masque. The horns are done, but the fins are not, nor is the rest of it covered. Yeesh. Six days to go. *flogs self* That said, I did get online long enough to bring my main character on Realms of Despair back to life after a five month (real time) death. That was AWESOME. I am looking forward to getting online more in order to play her. I missed her very much.

We had company last night, the Muttons came over, as well as Ray, for a kosher Passover feast. It wasn't a seder, but it had all the elements of the plate set out, as well as some symbolic hand washing and so forth. It was a good time, as it always is with the Muttons, especially because this time Wayne brought the puppy. He's an adorable border collie cross named Buster. He was so much fun, though we had to lock the cats upstairs for fear of their coniptions. He's just been fixed, though, and very interested in licking his stitches (ew) so he had to have his Elizabethan collar put on. So, for half of the night, Buster walked around like a hairy lamp.

Today, speaking of hairy, I went riding at Kerri's. I haven't been on a horse since last summer and I got to ride her new hourse, Tarquin, a most excellently wide beast with the longest, thickest mane I've ever had occasion to brush. We're not talking about using a piddly mane comb on him, either, I mean a real, hardcore hairbrush that can rip through tangles and make the most unruly head look decent. Believe me, his needed some serious brushing. We rode first in the ring, myself on Tarquin and Kerri on Ryven, and then we took them up the rode. Tarquin is a wimp and he spooked a lot, but I barely noticed because, unlike most horses that prance and shy away from things, he mostly just sort of tanked upward and then stopped on the spot. I don't mean rearing or anything, I mean he just sort of lifted his back and neck, snorted and trembled, but without actually going anywhere. It feels big, but without the forward motion. It was a wonderful fun ride. Also, I got to play with Kerri's baby, who is growing like a weed and is very cute.

Yes. I did say cute. Clearly, I have more affection for babies belonging to my friends.

The decision NOT to bring Willi back to the big city tomorrow has been reached, as the appartment is a shambles and I'm going away the following week for four nights. I really don't want to upset her by constantly changing my appartment around and then disappearing. I'll be out here again on the weekend of the 20th and I'll bring her then. Hopefully Nick will be able to look after her the last weekend of the month when I go out to visit Tracy for two nights. Here's hoping.

Anyway, the big plan is to GET THE APPARTMENT ORGANISED this week, as well as FINISHING THE MASQUES. Hah, sure.